Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Bing Hua <bh...@cornell.edu> on 2012/08/07 23:24:49 UTC

Solr index storage strategy on FileSystem

Hi folks,

With StandardDirectoryFactory, index is stored under data/index in forms of
frq, tim, tip and a few other files. While index grows larger, more files
are generated and sometimes it merges a few of them. It's like there're some
kinds of separation and merging strategies there.

My question is, are the separation / merging strategies configurable?
Basically I want to add a size limit for any individual file. Is it feasible
without changing solr core code?

Thanks!
Bing

Re: Solr index storage strategy on FileSystem

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
You probably want a mergepolicy, here's a good blog:

http://juanggrande.wordpress.com/2011/02/07/merge-policy-internals/

Best
Erick