Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Alex Rukletsov <al...@mesosphere.com> on 2018/08/08 14:24:54 UTC

'*.json' endpoints removed in 1.7

Folks,

The long ago deprecated '*.json' endpoints will be removed in Mesos 1.7.0.
Please use their non-'.json' counterparts instead.

Commit:
https://github.com/apache/mesos/commit/42551cb5290b7b04101f7d800b4b8fd573e47b91
JIRA ticket: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-4509

Alex.

Re: '*.json' endpoints removed in 1.7

Posted by Harold Dost <ha...@gmail.com>.
I definitely understand the motivation around updating things being a
positive, but it does break with the expectations set forth in the policy
http://mesos.apache.org/documentation/latest/versioning/#api-version-vs-release-version
We could create a v2 that follows the convention without the .json
available, but I feel like this would open up the API to a lot of bigger
changes since that too would need to be backwards compatible after it was
released.

I would grant that it looks like the .json endpoints were deprecated in the
0.x releases. However, it still seems that they should have been removed in
1.0 if we want to maintain versioning expectations of compatibility.

Posted by Alex Rukletsov <al...@mesosphere.com>.

Posted by Alex Rukletsov <al...@mesosphere.com>.

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@apache.org>.