Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by "Sajit Kumar (RBIN/DCA-IAG)" <Sa...@in.bosch.com> on 2001/03/21 04:37:50 UTC

Problems with Type Mapping

Hi All,

	I have certain doubts regarding type mapping which may sound silly
to u but do let me get them clarified. I was going through the
DeploymentDescriptor.xml file in the samples code for the AddressBook sample

    <isd:map encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
             xmlns:x="urn:xml-soap-address-demo" qname="x:address"
             javaType="samples.addressbook.Address"

java2XMLClassName="org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.BeanSerializer"

xml2JavaClassName="org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.BeanSerializer"/>

now I came across this urn which is highlighted. What is the purpose of this
urn? Secondly I have a user defined class of my own with a String as a
member variable and 2 methods get and set. Now if I wish to map this user
defined data type will changing of qname attribute and javaType make it work
(other than the client side mapping). If not what should I do? Any
suggestions would be of great help. Thanks in advance.

With Regards
Sajit