Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/04 19:00:33 UTC

[beanutils] org.apache.commons.collections in beanutils jar?

Is it intended that BeanUtils should have Commons Collections classes
in it? Without the package names changing in any way?

I'm sure I missed the thread on it a year or more ago, but this seems
like a really bad idea.

Hen

Re: [beanutils] org.apache.commons.collections in beanutils jar?

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
Reading up on it (via svn logs etc), the explanation is:

"This package contains a small number of collections classes that are
needed for beanutils to function. The dependencies will be deprecated
in the 1.7.0 release and the need for these classes will be removed in
the future. These classes are identical to those in both 2.x and 3.x
series of commons-collections releases."

The problem is that BeanUtils doesn't look very alive as a component
nowadays, so this temporary inclusion is stretching on for a long
time.

Hen