Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Ramaswamy, Muthu" <mr...@gers.com> on 2002/11/06 21:07:16 UTC

SOAP Message Transformation within Handlers.

Hi All-

I have defined a request handler that replaces the incoming SOAP Envelope in
the Axis Message object with a New Envelope.

Note: For testing purpose I kept both the incoming message and the
transformed message the same. All I do is replace the old envelope with a
new envelope in the handler with the same contents. I print the envelope
message and they all look the same before and after transformation.

After transformation and when the call leaves the handler,  I get
 faultDetail:
        stackTrace: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.getTypeMapping(Deseriali
zationContextImpl.java:439)
        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.getDeserializerForType(D
eserializationContextImpl.java:419)
        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializerImpl.onStartElement(DeserializerImpl.ja
va:441)

I tried the call with no transformation and it works. Is there anything I am
missing.?
Is there any other setting that I should look for in the Message object?

I also use:
         Message      reqMsg  = msgContext.getRequestMessage();
         SOAPEnvelope reqEnv  = reqMsg.getSOAPEnvelope();

Appreciate your input.,

-Muthu