Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net> on 2005/04/25 17:25:43 UTC

[sitedocs] might want to avoid news sections

Hi,

I'm seeing some news sections on some subprojects.  I *highly* recommend
avoiding this practice.  These documents often get out of sync and make
the project look as though nothing is being done on it.  It's best not
to have these news.html pages floating around IMO.  I've learned this
the hard way and have removed anything out there with a news section.

Thanks,
Alex

Re: [sitedocs] might want to avoid news sections

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
OK, I'll remove it.

2005/4/26, Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>:
> Hi,
>
> I'm seeing some news sections on some subprojects.  I *highly* recommend
> avoiding this practice.  These documents often get out of sync and make
> the project look as though nothing is being done on it.  It's best not
> to have these news.html pages floating around IMO.  I've learned this
> the hard way and have removed anything out there with a news section.
>
> Thanks,
> Alex

Thanks,
Trustin