Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Blayne Bayer <bl...@creditminders.com> on 2003/03/13 19:01:51 UTC

h2xs

I might be posting this to the wrong group, but any help would be
appreciated. This is my problem, I am trying to use h2xs to create a
extension for perl using an api provided by a 3rd party vendor. I have
the .h,.so,.o files for their c libraries. I cannot figure out how to
build the extension. I have not programmed in c for years and have
forgotten all the secrets of it. I have gotten h2xs to run, but the
function prototypes are not listed in the .xs file, but I am using the
-x option which I think is supposed to do the trick. I have gotten make
and make install to run, but when I try to test the module I am getting
all kinds of errors about undefined symbols and such.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Blayne

Re: h2xs

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Blayne Bayer wrote:
> I might be posting this to the wrong group

Have you tried searching for the right forum before posting here?
In the future check this document first:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/offsite/other.html

Your XS questions probably belong here:
http://lists.perl.org/showlist.cgi?name=perl-xs