Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by smanad <sm...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/01 02:10:02 UTC

debian package for solr with jetty

Hi,

I am trying to create a debian package for solr 4.3 (default installation
with jetty).
Is there anything already available?

Also, I need 3 different cores so plan to create corresponding packages for
each of them to create solr core using admin/cores or collections api.

I also want to use, solrcloud setup with external zookeeper ensemble, whats
the best way to create a debian package for updating zookeeper config files
as well?

Please suggest. Any pointers will be helpful.

Thanks,
-Manasi

Re: debian package for solr with jetty

Posted by Tim Vaillancourt <ti...@elementspace.com>.
Hey guys,

It is by no means perfect or pretty, but I use this script below to
build Solr into a .deb package that installs Solr to /opt/solr-VERSION
with 'example' and 'docs' removed, and a symlink to /opt/solr. When
building, the script wget's the tgz, builds it in a tmpdir within the
cwd and makes a .deb.

There is no container included or anything, so this essentially builds a
library-style package of Solr to be included by other packages, so it's
probably not entirely what people are looking for here, but here goes:

solr-dpkg.sh:
"#!/bin/bash

set -e

VERSION=$1
if test -z ${VERSION};
then
   echo "Usage: $0 [SOLR VERSION]"
   exit 1
fi

NAME=solr
MIRROR_BASE="http://apache.mirror.iweb.ca"
PREFIX=/opt
PNAME=solr_${VERSION}
BUILD_BASE=$$
BUILD_DIR=${BUILD_BASE}/${PNAME}
START_DIR=${PWD}

# Clean build dir:
if test -e ${BUILD_DIR};
then
   rm -rf ${BUILD_DIR}
fi

# Wget solr:
SOLR_TAR=solr-${VERSION}.tgz
if test ! -e ${SOLR_TAR};
then
   wget -N ${MIRROR_BASE}/lucene/solr/${VERSION}/${SOLR_TAR}
fi

# Debian metadata:
mkdir -p ${BUILD_DIR} ${BUILD_DIR}/DEBIAN
cat <<EOF >>${BUILD_DIR}/DEBIAN/control
Package: solr
Architecture: all
EOF

# Unpack solr in correct location:
mkdir -p ${BUILD_DIR}${PREFIX}
tar xfz ${SOLR_TAR} -C ${BUILD_DIR}${PREFIX}
rm -rf ${BUILD_DIR}${PREFIX}/solr-${VERSION}/{docs,example}
ln -s ${PREFIX}/solr-${VERSION} ${BUILD_DIR}${PREFIX}/solr

# Package and cleanup after:
cd ${BUILD_BASE}
dpkg-deb -b ${PNAME} && \
   mv ${PNAME}.deb ${START_DIR}/${PNAME}.deb
cd ${START_DIR}
rm -rf ${BUILD_BASE}

exit 0
"

Usage example: "./solr-dpkg.sh 4.4.0"

In my setup I have other packages pointing to this package's path as a
library with solr, jetty and the 'instance-package' separated. These
packages depend on the version of the solr 'library package' built by
this script.

Enjoy!

Tim

Posted by Yago Riveiro <ya...@gmail.com>.