Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Raymond Wilson <ra...@trimble.com> on 2021/01/13 02:50:02 UTC

Difference between Stopping and Closing Ignite on C#

I've just been reading this article (
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52780726/how-to-trigger-ignite-checkpoint-before-shutdown)
which indicates that Ignition.Stop() will terminate a currently executing
check point, but that Ignite.Close() will not.

I can't seem to find a Close() method on IIgnite in the C# client. Is this
supported?

We are seeingvery slow system start-up times due to binary memory state
restoration (5-10 minutes for this phase) which appears to be related to
uncheckpointed changes in WAL files, so I want to make sure a checkpoint
that is in progress is not terminated during shutdown.

Thanks
Raymond

--
<http://www.trimble.com/>
Raymond Wilson

<https://worksos.trimble.com/?utm_source=Trimble&utm_medium=emailsign&utm_campaign=Launch>

Re: Difference between Stopping and Closing Ignite on C#

Posted by Raymond Wilson <ra...@trimble.com>.
Apologies - I misread the description of Stop(). Please ignore this thread.