Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by "Ratnesh,V2Solutions India" <ra...@in.v2solutions.com> on 2007/03/21 07:16:34 UTC

WARN QueryFilters - QueryFilter: RecommendedQueryFilter :names no fields.

Hi,
when I deployed plugin, inside plugin directory of nutch in tomcat, I got
following warn messages??
one is    java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0
and another is RecommendedQueryFilter :names no fields.

this is my log file showing above warn message

2007-03-21 11:36:31,812 INFO  NutchBean - opening merged index in
E:/eclipse/wor
kspace5/Nutch/crawl-result/index
2007-03-21 11:36:31,922 WARN  QueryFilters - QueryFilter:
RecommendedQueryFilter
 names no fields.
2007-03-21 11:36:31,953 INFO  Configuration - found resource
common-terms.utf8 a
file:/C:/Program%20Files/Apache%20Software%20Foundation/Tomcat%205.0/webapps/n
utch-0.8.1/WEB-INF/classes/common-terms.utf8
2007-03-21 11:36:31,968 INFO  NutchBean - opening segments in
E:/eclipse/workspa
ce5/Nutch/crawl-result/segments
2007-03-21 11:36:31,984 WARN  SummarizerFactory -
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBound
sException: 0
2007-03-21 11:36:31,984 INFO  NutchBean - opening linkdb in
E:/eclipse/workspace
5/Nutch/crawl-result/linkdb
2007-03-21 11:36:31,999 INFO  NutchBean - query request from 127.0.0.1
2007-03-21 11:36:32,031 INFO  NutchBean - query: plugin
2007-03-21 11:36:32,031 INFO  NutchBean - lang: en
2007-03-21 11:36:32,077 INFO  NutchBean - searching for 20 raw hits

and if I put any search string in Nutch GUI, it goes with blank page without
showing anything.

Can anybody help me solving this issue??

With Thanks
Ratnesh

Re: WARN QueryFilters - QueryFilter: RecommendedQueryFilter :names no fields.

Posted by Enis Soztutar <en...@gmail.com>.
Ratnesh,V2Solutions India wrote:
> Hi,
> when I deployed plugin, inside plugin directory of nutch in tomcat, I got
> following warn messages??
> one is    java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0
> and another is RecommendedQueryFilter :names no fields.
> (deleted the rest)

Hi, you should define the fields to be queried in the plugin's
plugin.xml file.
For example take a look at src/plugin/query-basic/plugin.xml :

<implementation id="BasicQueryFilter"

class="org.apache.nutch.searcher.basic.BasicQueryFilter">
        <parameter name="fields" value="DEFAULT"/>
      </implementation>

Here, the plugin declares to respond to DEFAULT field, you should add
the parameter to your plugin.xml file as :
<parameter name="fields" value="fieldname1 fieldname2 fieldname3"/>
where fieldname[1|2|3] is the name of the field that your query filter
builds the query upon.

Re: Vidoe search

Posted by Michael Goddard <go...@saic.com>.
Yes, definitely.  I anticipate having to take the output of our
audio/video analysis system which does machine translation and speech to
text and index the result into Lucene for search.  I will closely follow
any work done in this are within the Nutch/Lucene community.

  Mike

Re: Vidoe search

Posted by Björn Wilmsmann <bj...@wilmsmann.de>.
Ed Whittaker wrote:

> I am working on a plugin that connects to a speech recognizer. Is
> there any
> interest in this in the Nutch community?

[...]

> How much interest is there in indexing audio/video in this manner?

This sounds very interesting indeed. However, this approach might
create a performance bottleneck caused by slow network connections
and potential server overload ( as you said, this approach would be
quite quite expensive in terms of computing power).

--
Best regards,
Bjoern Wilmsmann

Re: Vidoe search