Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com> on 2010/07/04 17:23:06 UTC

camel-ftp and login script

I need to connect to an ftp server that requires a number of commands to be
executed before attempting the file transfer. Is it possible to specify a
script file for camel-ftp to execute on every connect?

/Bengt

Re: camel-ftp and login script

Posted by Andreas Asmuss <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I'm still in need of this functionality.
Do any of you guys have an idea for a workaround to use until this is
implemented in Camel?

Re: camel-ftp and login script

Posted by Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com>.
That sounds exactly right Claus. Will it make it to Camel 2.4?

It might be good to prepare the format for more than exactly 1 command.
Either a series of commands or a file containing a login script. Most of the
time I would assume that a single command should suffice - but not always.
Maybe two URI parameters, e g:

- onLoginCommand
- onLoginScript

The first one would be a single command specified directly in the URI. The
second one would be a file name containing several commands on separate
lines.

Another thing I've just started to look at is the possibility to handle
password change situations. It seems that at least one of our partners
require the change of password with a periodicity of 30 days. We need to
handle that automatically within camel-ftp. I've encountered that same
requirement for other protocols. In those cases, we normally auto generate a
new password that we send via the protocol and save to a local configuration
file (so that we know the new password ourselves). It would be interesting
to hear if someone else have dealt with this.

Thanks,

/Bengt

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi