Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Wesselmann, Marcus" <Ma...@buw.de> on 2001/04/19 13:47:57 UTC

mod_jk

Hi,

is there a way to compile mod_jk directly into Apache, instead of using it
as an .so ?

Thanks,

Marcus

RE: mod_jk

Posted by Craig O'Brien <cr...@dynamic-apps.com>.
My understanding is that nearly any module can be statically linked within
apache rather then used as a DSO. (within the Apache tree vs. mod_jk.so)
This must be done during the build of Apache. The trade off is larger
instances of Apache and losing the ability to upgrade the individual modules
but %20* faster loading.  It is on my list of things to do but I have not
tried it yet as I currently have a "happy family." I have read many
recommendations against doing this, however, as you must thereafter
completely rebuild Apache for every upgrade.

I too am interested in any information from anyone who has tried this.  Is
there a performance boost?  I personally find the mod_jk.so route to suffer
in performance.

Regards,
Craig