Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Deepak Subhramanian <de...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/07 18:08:54 UTC

Flume ElasticSearch Sink not indexing JSON data

I am posting JSON data to ElasticSearch using Flume . But for some reason
it is not loading the correct data in the message. Instead of JSON message
it is storing message data as
"org.elasticsearch.common.xcontent.XContentBuilder@32f4122e"

I tried using the DynamicSerializer which determines the content-type. But
no luck.

Here is the sample data posted on Elastic Search.

{

  "_index": "test_flume-2014-04-07",

  "_type": "logs",

  "_id": "M9E-33RQTy2kA6QhW6mSUw",

  "_score": null,

  "_source": {

    "@message": "org.elasticsearch.common.xcontent.XContentBuilder@58bf76d2
",

    "@timestamp": "2014-04-07T09:49:26.490Z",

    "@fields": {

      "timestamp": "1396864166490"

    }

  },

  "sort": [

    1396864166490,

    1396864166490

  ]

}

org.elasticsearch.common.xcontent.XContentBuilder
--
Deepak Subhramanian

Re: Flume ElasticSearch Sink not indexing JSON data

Posted by Deepak Subhramanian <de...@gmail.com>.
Is there any additional serializers in 1.5SNAPSHOT which can resolve the
JSON issue. I noticed that with the 1.5 SNAPSHOT it was not storing
timestamp field in elasticsearch. Is the default serializer changed from
Logstash or is it a bug. I was getting timestamp in 1.4 version .

Posted by Deepak Subhramanian <de...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Deepak Subhramanian <de...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.