Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Matteo Caprari <ma...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/11 20:19:18 UTC

is there a python client that supports the _changes API?

Hi.

I can't find a couchdb client that supports the _changes api.
Does anyone know more about that?

--
:Matteo Caprari
matteo.caprari@gmail.com

Re: is there a python client that supports the _changes API?

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 10:26 PM, Roger Binns <ro...@rogerbinns.com> wrote:

> Benoit Chesneau wrote:
>> The only package manager needed is easy_install,
>
> Which is part of setuptools, which fights with distribute, both of which
> ignore the operating system package manager.  And of course each dependency
> installed also tries to use one or more of distutils, setuptools, distribute
> and whatever else their author thought of.  (IIRC it wasn't couchdbkit
> itself that failed to install but one of the dependencies which means
> couchdbkit will not install.)
>
>> never had any bug report about it.
>
> Count this as one.  In any event it would take a lot of work to figure out
> the root cause and fix it all.  And bug reporting usually requires creating
> yet another username and password on yet another site in yet another
> different bug tracker interface.  In my case (and I presume many others)
> that high barrier means that I *really* want to have to use something before
> reporting a bug.

There was a problem in the past with httplib2. I don't use it anymore.

>> Couchdbkit has been put in mandriva by their team, for debian, ubuntu
>> I guess I need to provide a package. Since I don't use them it it will
>> mostly depends if there is a demand for it.
>
> Ubuntu provides a very nice and easy mechanism to supply packages (lookup
> PPAs).  If you want people to try couchdbkit versus python-couchdb then you
> need to be at least as easy to install!

I don't want to be versus couchdb-python. Couchdbkit has lready its
own users and will differ a lot in the week coming. Good call for
ubuntu ppa anyway. I will see what I can do for this. Thanks for the
feedback.

- benoit

Re: is there a python client that supports the _changes API?

Posted by Roger Binns <ro...@rogerbinns.com>.

Re: is there a python client that supports the _changes API?

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 8:56 PM, Roger Binns <ro...@rogerbinns.com> wrote:

afaik i don't use couchdb-python just couchdbkit ;)

- benoît

Re: is there a python client that supports the _changes API?

Posted by Roger Binns <ro...@rogerbinns.com>.

Re: is there a python client that supports the _changes API?

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 9:08 PM, Matteo Caprari
<ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'd definitely like an event based api, but for the time being a
> blocking solution would be enough.
> I missed that bit on couchdbkit docs, can you give some pointers?

It's only possible via restkit. I guess I have a plan for this weekend
(among other code).

- benoit

Re: is there a python client that supports the _changes API?

Posted by Matteo Caprari <ma...@gmail.com>.
Brilliant Benoit!

Thanks :)

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.