Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Damjan Majstorovic <da...@yahoo.com> on 2004/11/26 01:17:59 UTC

missing caller location

Hi,

My problem is following: output in log file is:
2004-11-25 22:42:01,134 INFO  (?:?) - executeing
browse action.
I am missing caller location information. (it is
printed as a "?" characters).

I've tried all, and can't find the problem. (searched
internet, read FAQs, played with classpath, and much
more....)

Reason this is really killing me is that if I compile
the file that uses logging with
javac, and copy it into Tomcat, this works. If I use
my ant script, it breaks.

If someone can help, I can provide further info, and
any and all help is welcomed,

Thanks
Damjan.

Re: missing caller location

Posted by Damjan Majstorovic <da...@yahoo.com>.
Paul,
rarely have I been so happy about an email from a
stranger :)

Thanks

Re: missing caller location

Posted by Paul Smith <ps...@aconex.com>.
In your ant build file, do you have the debug="true" option when compiling?

eg.
<javac debug="true}" ........

If you don't have this as true, you won't get the caller information.

cheers,

Paul Smith

Damjan Majstorovic wrote:

>Hi,
>
>My problem is following: output in log file is:
>2004-11-25 22:42:01,134 INFO  (?:?) - executeing
>browse action.
>I am missing caller location information. (it is
>printed as a "?" characters).
>
>I've tried all, and can't find the problem. (searched
>internet, read FAQs, played with classpath, and much
>more....)
>
>Reason this is really killing me is that if I compile
>the file that uses logging with
>javac, and copy it into Tomcat, this works. If I use
>my ant script, it breaks.
>
>If someone can help, I can provide further info, and
>any and all help is welcomed,
>
>Thanks
>Damjan.

*Paul Smith
*Software Architect

*Aconex
* 31 Drummond Street, Carlton, VIC 3053, Australia
*Tel: +61 3 9661 0200  *Fax: +61 3 9654 9946
Email: psmith@aconex.com  www.aconex.com**

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee.
The contents may be privileged, confidential and/or subject to copyright
or other applicable law. No confidentiality or privilege is lost by an
erroneous transmission. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please let us know by reply e-mail and delete or destroy this mail and
all copies. If you are not the intended recipient of this message you
must not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it. The
sender takes no responsibility for the effect of this message upon the
recipient's computer system.**