Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Grant Rettke <gr...@acm.org> on 2006/09/18 14:39:12 UTC

Zip source file distribution?

I'm working on building the Subversion client on Windows using VS 6.0,
following directions in http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/INSTALL.

It mentions that you may download a "zip file source distribution".

Could you tell me more about this file like:
1. Who created it?
2. How it was created (is it automated)?
3. Where it is located in the repository?

Re: Zip source file distribution?

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 9/18/06, Grant Rettke <gr...@acm.org> wrote:
> I'm working on building the Subversion client on Windows using VS 6.0,
> following directions in http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/INSTALL.
>
> It mentions that you may download a "zip file source distribution".
>
> Could you tell me more about this file like:
> 1. Who created it?

It's created as part of the release process by the release manager.

> 2. How it was created (is it automated)?

Via the dist.sh shell script, just like the rest of the release files.

> 3. Where it is located in the repository?

Generated files like tarballs or zips are not checked in to the repository.

The URLs of the download sites are available in the release announcement:

http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/NewsItemView?newsItemID=1685

-garrett