Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com> on 2008/10/14 23:33:55 UTC

[collections] JDK5 Branch?

Is anyone actively working on that branch?  I was thinking of throwing
my hat in the ring to try to help generify collections.  I really have
no idea what has been done as of yet.  If need be, I can create my own
branch.

Re: [collections] JDK5 Branch?

Posted by Hendrik Maryns <qw...@sneakemail.com>.
James Carman schreef:
> Ok, thanks, Richard!  That'd be great!  What we need to do is come up
> with a plan.  If we split this thing up, it should be pretty quick
> work.  Are there any other volunteers?  I can apply Richard's patches.

I’m in as well.  I will be busy until the end of the year, but I have
some time after that.

Also I have an almost complete java5-enabled collections lying around
(that is, introduced the basic annotations, used generics, introduced
enums).  It is in a bug somewhere, but I haven’t updated it in a while.

Same goes for Lang and CLI.

H.
--
Hendrik Maryns
==================

Re: [collections] JDK5 Branch?

Posted by John Feminella <jo...@dispatcher.distilledb.com>.
hi,

I'm a relative newbie to commons (though not to Java development in
general) and I've been looking for a good spot to dig in. Generifying collections sounds
like a great opportunity to do so, so count me in for this effort.

~ John

Re: [collections] JDK5 Branch?

Posted by John Feminella <jo...@distilledb.com>.
hi,

I'm a relative newbie to commons (though not to Java development in
general) and I've been looking for a good spot to dig in. This sounds
like a great opportunity to do so, so count me in for helping to lead
the generics charge.

~ jf

Re: [collections] JDK5 Branch?

Posted by Viraj Turakhia <vi...@gmail.com>.
I would like to help in generifying collections.
How we generally plan? Through emails only or something else?

-v

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 3:47 AM, James Carman
<ja...@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:
> Ok, thanks, Richard!  That'd be great!  What we need to do is come up
> with a plan.  If we split this thing up, it should be pretty quick
> work.  Are there any other volunteers?  I can apply Richard's patches.
>
> On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 6:11 PM,  <ri...@rswheeldon.com> wrote:
>> James Carman writes:
>>  > Is anyone actively working on that branch?  I was thinking of throwing
>>  > my hat in the ring to try to help generify collections.  I really have
>>  > no idea what has been done as of yet.  If need be, I can create my own
>>  > branch.
>>
>> I offered to help with this last year before getting distracted. I did't
>> see much point in continuing given that a release looked to be an age
>> away. e.g. I put in a patch for generifying iterators in January and it
>> still hasn't been looked at. If a committer with rights and experience is
>> able to devote time I'm still happy to help.
>>
>> Richard

The first right of human is the right of EGO.
--
http://www.xperienceexperience.blogspot.com

Re: [collections] JDK5 Branch?

Posted by ri...@rswheeldon.com.
James Carman writes:
 > Ok, thanks, Richard!  That'd be great!  What we need to do is come up
 > with a plan.

How out-of-date is the JIRA list?
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mode=hide&sorter/order=DESC&sorter/field=priority&resolution=-1&pid=12310465&fixfor=12312131

Richard

Re: [collections] JDK5 Branch?

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Ok, thanks, Richard!  That'd be great!  What we need to do is come up
with a plan.  If we split this thing up, it should be pretty quick
work.  Are there any other volunteers?  I can apply Richard's patches.

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 6:11 PM,  <ri...@rswheeldon.com> wrote:
> James Carman writes:
>  > Is anyone actively working on that branch?  I was thinking of throwing
>  > my hat in the ring to try to help generify collections.  I really have
>  > no idea what has been done as of yet.  If need be, I can create my own
>  > branch.
>
> I offered to help with this last year before getting distracted. I did't
> see much point in continuing given that a release looked to be an age
> away. e.g. I put in a patch for generifying iterators in January and it
> still hasn't been looked at. If a committer with rights and experience is
> able to devote time I'm still happy to help.
>
> Richard

Re: [collections] JDK5 Branch?

Posted by ri...@rswheeldon.com.

Re: [collections] JDK5 Branch?

Posted by Simone Gianni <si...@apache.org>.
I'm not a commons committer, but if I can I will help out.

Simone

James Carman wrote:
> Is anyone actively working on that branch?  I was thinking of throwing
> my hat in the ring to try to help generify collections.  I really have
> no idea what has been done as of yet.  If need be, I can create my own
> branch.

Simone Gianni            CEO Semeru s.r.l.           Apache Committer
MALE human being programming a computer   http://www.simonegianni.it/