Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Christophe Thiebaud <ct...@stylo.it> on 2000/09/22 11:52:15 UTC

wizard

I am doing a wizard-like series of jsp.

BTW, I have seen something like "provide an example of wizard" on
a to-do list. Is there anything such as this out there? If not I would be glad
to contribute.

I have a problem with the validate function that the ActionServlet triggers
even when I am doing a "go to the previous page" move.

Obviously, when the user needs to correct or read a field in the previous page
he should not be force to fill the current page.

one solution whould be to move the controls in the Action, but that defeats the
nice structure of struts.

Is there a mean to make the validation conditional in the ActionServlet ?

Christophe

RE: wizard

Posted by "Ludwig, Pat" <pl...@silverstream.com>.
Christophe,
	could you not have a single action form manage all the form fields for
all of your wizard pages?

regards,
Pat Ludwig