Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Yu <li...@apache.org> on 2022/08/25 05:07:42 UTC

[VOTE RESULT] PIP 198: Standardize PR Naming Convention using GitHub Actions

Hi team,

As discussed previously [1], we'll start implementing PIP 198: Standardize
PR Naming Convention using GitHub Actions [1] based on the results voted by
the community.

Below is a brief summary of the vote results.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. Convention

Continue to follow our existing convention (it's customized on Agular) [3]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2. Definition

[type] must be one of the following:
- feat (abbr for "feature")
- improve
- fix
- cleanup
- refactor
- revert

[scope] must be one of the following:
- admin
- broker
- cli (changes to CLI tools)
- io
- fn (abbr for "function")
- meta (abbr for "metadata")
- monitor
- proxy
- schema
- sec (abbr for "security")
- sql
- storage
- offload (changes to tiered storage)
- txn
- java
- cpp
- py
- ws (changes to WebSocket)
- test (changes to code tests)
- ci (changes to CI workflow)
- build (changes to dependencies, docker, build or release script)
- misc
- doc
- blog
- site

For full details, see [Guide] Pulsar Pull Request Naming Convention [4]

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread/11hpppllkh68zodromd7pzn173gb9hgl
[2]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sJlUNAHnYAbvu9UtEgCrn_oVTnVc1M5nHC19x1bFab4/edit?pli=1
[3] https://lists.apache.org/thread/90rcjf1dv0fbkb5hm31kmgr65fj0nfnn