Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by "Loehr, Ruel" <rl...@pointserve.com> on 2007/10/11 16:13:42 UTC

IVY DE - multiple projects in eclipse, managing preferences

I'm trying to setup my projects such that:

1)  I can check out into eclipse after setting up ivyde
2)  Resolve my classpath

And have everything work with very little user configuration.

My current snag is with setting the user preferences.    Say I have 5
projects (a,b,c,d,e) and each one has a settings file,
./settings/org.jayasoft.ivyde.eclipse.prefs

#Thu Oct 11 09:11:32 CDT 2007
acceptedTypes=[inherited]
eclipse.preferences.version=1
instance/org.eclipse.core.net/org.eclipse.core.net.hasMigrated=true
ivy_conf_path=file\:/C\:/eclipse33/eclipse/workspace/snm-trunk/config/iv
y/ivyconf.xml
javadocTypes=[inherited]
retreive.pattern=none
sourceTypes=[inherited]

Is there any way to not have the ivy_conf_path hardcoded to an absolute
value?  This file gets checked into source control and developers have
there eclipse location in different areas.    I've tried making it a
relative path, but no luck.

Re: IVY DE - multiple projects in eclipse, managing preferences

Posted by John Gill <ll...@gmail.com>.
What I do is have an ivy settings file on a file share somewhere (put it
with your ivy repository), then each developer has their own ivy setting
file that they put have locally on their machine, that includes the shared
ivy settings file. The ivy-settings file on the location machines should
include the one stored in your repository using either an http address, or a
mapped drive possibly using an environment variable.

On 10/11/07, Loehr, Ruel < rloehr@pointserve.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to setup my projects such that:
>
> 1)  I can check out into eclipse after setting up ivyde
> 2)  Resolve my classpath
>
> And have everything work with very little user configuration.
>
> My current snag is with setting the user preferences.    Say I have 5
> projects (a,b,c,d,e) and each one has a settings file,
> ./settings/org.jayasoft.ivyde.eclipse.prefs
>
> #Thu Oct 11 09:11:32 CDT 2007
> acceptedTypes=[inherited]
> eclipse.preferences.version=1
> instance/org.eclipse.core.net/org.eclipse.core.net.hasMigrated=true
> ivy_conf_path=file\:/C\:/eclipse33/eclipse/workspace/snm-trunk/config/iv
> y/ivyconf.xml
> javadocTypes=[inherited]
> retreive.pattern=none
> sourceTypes=[inherited]
>
> Is there any way to not have the ivy_conf_path hardcoded to an absolute
> value?  This file gets checked into source control and developers have
> there eclipse location in different areas.    I've tried making it a
> relative path, but no luck.

John Gill

RE: IVY DE - multiple projects in eclipse, managing preferences

Posted by "Loehr, Ruel" <rl...@pointserve.com>.
Perfect.   This is exactly what I was looking for.   I'll give it a shot
on Monday.

> I'm trying to setup my projects such that:
>
> 1)  I can check out into eclipse after setting up ivyde
> 2)  Resolve my classpath
>
> And have everything work with very little user configuration.
>
> My current snag is with setting the user preferences.    Say I have 5
> projects (a,b,c,d,e) and each one has a settings file,
> ./settings/org.jayasoft.ivyde.eclipse.prefs
>
> #Thu Oct 11 09:11:32 CDT 2007
> acceptedTypes=[inherited]
> eclipse.preferences.version=1
> instance/org.eclipse.core.net/org.eclipse.core.net.hasMigrated=true

ivy_conf_path=file\:/C\:/eclipse33/eclipse/workspace/snm-trunk/config/iv
> y/ivyconf.xml
> javadocTypes=[inherited]
> retreive.pattern=none
> sourceTypes=[inherited]
>
> Is there any way to not have the ivy_conf_path hardcoded to an
absolute
> value?  This file gets checked into source control and developers have
> there eclipse location in different areas.    I've tried making it a
> relative path, but no luck.

You can use relative path, but it's not documented except in JIRA, so
your
only option is to ask :-) Next version of IvyDE will explain this
directly
in the preferences window.

So here is how you use relative paths for the ivy settings path (still
called ivyconf path):
file://./path/relative/to/project/directory/ivysettings.xml

Note the dot after the double file://

HTH,

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/

Re: IVY DE - multiple projects in eclipse, managing preferences

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.