Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by janylj <ja...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/06 02:19:02 UTC

How consuming message works in the multicase network?

Hello,

I have set up the multicast network of two brokers, broker A and broker B
have the same configuration.
        <networkConnectors>
            <networkConnector name="default-nc" uri="multicast://default"/>
        </networkConnectors>
        <transportConnectors>
            <transportConnector name="openwire" uri="tcp://localhost:61616"
discoveryUri="multicast://default"/>
        </transportConnectors>

Then I have a producer at the broker A and posting messages to
brokerURL="discovery:(multicast://default)". And I set up two consumers at
the broker A and B and listening messages at
brokerURL="discovery:(multicast://default)" as well. The message would be
consumed either by A or B, but not both. Actually the messages are usually
consumed by the consumer at broker B, only when the consumer at broker B is
not available, consumer at the broker A would kick in. Please confirm that
whether these two consumers should receive messages competitively/randomly.

The more confusing thing is that when I inspect the messages received by the
consumer at broker B, some of the messages are:
messageId = ID:brokerA:XXX, producerID = ID:brokerA:XXX
Some of the messages are:
messageId = ID:brokerA:XXX, producerID = ID:brokerB:XXX
I think producerID should be from broker A instead of mixed of broker A and
broker B, because only broker A has producer. Please advise.
I am using activemq-5.0. Thank you.