Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jens von Pilgrim <j....@4flow.de> on 2002/01/07 14:01:48 UTC

table-cells and clipping (overflow="hidden")

Hello,

  I've got a problem with tables and clipping.
  In my document, content of a table cell shouldn't exceed the tabel
cell.
For this reason I tried to use the clip or overflow property, but it
doesn't work.
Content containing spaces is wrapped, but other content exceed the cell.
  This is a snippet from my code:

<fo:table-row>
  <fo:table-cell>
    <fo:block clip="auto"
overflow="hidden">1.7976931348623157E308</fo:block>
  </fo:table-cell>
  <fo:table-cell>
    <fo:block clip="auto" overflow="hidden">you can't read
this</fo:block>
  </fo:table-cell>

  Is this my fault or a bug in FOP? I'm not too good in XSL:FO... is
there another way
of defining things matching my needs?

Best regards,
  Jens