Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Joe Muller <jm...@ARCcorp.com> on 2018/04/27 08:00:59 UTC

[users@httpd] Proxying everything but one file

Greetings fellow Apache users,

I have a simple setup where I currently proxy to a backend application server farm, i.e.

ProxyPass / https://url.myserverfarm.com:port/
ProxyPassReverse / https://url.myserverfarm.com:port/

Now we want to start monitoring the proxies for a health check file that exists in the local htdocs directory, something similar to:

/healthcheck/server.html

however since we proxy everything and the kitchen sink what is the best way to accomplish this without having have individual entries for every proxied URL (currently over 100+ URLS) ?

Re: [users@httpd] Proxying everything but one file

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Apr 27, 2018 at 4:00 AM, Joe Muller <jm...@arccorp.com> wrote:

> Greetings fellow Apache users,
>

> I have a simple setup where I currently proxy to a backend application
> server farm, i.e.
>

> ProxyPass / https://url.myserverfarm.com:port/
>
> ProxyPassReverse / https://url.myserverfarm.com:port/
>

> Now we want to start monitoring the proxies for a health check file that
> exists in the local htdocs directory, something similar to:
>

> /healthcheck/server.html
>

> however since we proxy everything and the kitchen sink what is the best way
> to accomplish this without having have individual entries for every proxied
> URL (currently over 100+ URLS) ?

The manual shows a syntax with "!" for exclusions.