Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by brunp <pa...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/27 16:40:31 UTC

Migrating Jetspeed DB from 2.0 to 2.1. Question....

I am looking at the migration guide and it appears that my postgres database
does not have the "bigint" option for some of the columns that are to be
altered from integer to "bigint".

Anyway around this?

Paul

Re: Migrating Jetspeed DB from 2.0 to 2.1. Question....

Posted by brunp <pa...@gmail.com>.
As I am awaiting feedback, the following items don't seem to work for me as
well, or don't know how to modify. Database type is postgres

- can't change from integer to bigint for elapsed time
- can't change from varchar(40) to varchar(10) for the "state" parameter in
"Fragment" table

Next items are are puzzling me is how to I go about changing the items
listed under "Index Altering" and
"Foreign Key Altering". I am using pgAdmin III to view the database, but
unsure how to access and change those specific properties.....and where the
FK constraints point too.....

Assistance needed please.

Paul