Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/02 17:12:43 UTC

4.1 pretty much finished now

Validation is finally done, and I'm going to add the necessary logic to
dynamically add form components today. Does anyone care how I do this?

I was thinking that initially I'd make the 4.1 snapshot build availability a
little more prominent, followed by a continuous cycle of documentation/4.1
snapshot updates as more and more people start trying it out and find
issues/things they need to do what they want.

After it feels like people are more or less able to do the basic things and
not have everything blow up (there shouldn't be too much blowing up, unit
tests cover everything in the browser + server) I'd make an official
4.1release followed by more cycles/updates until we can mark it
"stable/final"
?

--
Jesse Kuhnert
Tacos/Tapestry, team member/developer

dojo/tapestry/tacos/hivemind.

Re: 4.1 pretty much finished now

Posted by Norbert Sándor <de...@erinors.com>.
Currently I'm very close to a project deadline, so please don't expect
more progress on TapDoc in the following 1-2 weeks.
After then I will convert all my running Tapestry projects to maven, so
I will need a plugin for it too :)

Regards,
Norbi

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Where are the component docs for 4.1?  I don't see them on the new site.
I'd like to see if I can use 4.1 on my project and replace Tacos.

Yeah, I think so..We'll see what happens with client side validation. That
portion will depend on how much people have customized things there. At
least now the client side validates as much as the server side does. (in
that min/max date validate, min/max numbers validate, required clauses work
on all fields / etc...)

I'm sure tacos is totally fu-$%ed, but that probably won't take very long to

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Reynolds <ma...@gmail.com>.
Perfect explanation. Thanks!

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Reynolds <ma...@gmail.com>.
Jesse,

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.

Posted by Norbert Sándor <de...@erinors.com>.

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, I wouldn't want to call it stable yet. (Even though it's probably more
stable than any other ajax related tapestry functionality I've seen to date,
there may be more API changes to go through still).

Posted by KE Gan <kh...@gmail.com>.
Alright !!

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by KE Gan <kh...@gmail.com>.