Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@covalent.net> on 2000/07/30 22:50:21 UTC

Re: xml-apache archives

Sorry Ted,

Things are taking more time than planned. The machine which used the
archive broke down for a fourth time; as as it is in Europe, and I am in
the US it is hard to sort out. Currently the 27G scsi disk which holds the
core of the HTML-ified archives does not want to connect - it seems a
termination probnlem.

So we are now turning things around; I am working with my new employer -
covalent.net - and Sander van Zoest to get a completely new solution up
and running asap. Which also has searching and proper per date splitup.
And I certainly hope it will be no later than the end of this week for
something. But if this is urgent Sander and I might be able to get
something up earlier.

The idea is to also move this away from the webweaving.org umbrella and
simply make it an ASF service (assuming they accept this donation) which
we here at covalent would maintain.

Dw