Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by David Pankros <dp...@miragy.com> on 2005/05/10 20:25:13 UTC

What changed in pluto-1.0.1-rc2-PATCHED.jar

I'm trying to create my own temporary patch to the Pluto-XXX.jar for issue
JS2-254.  What was the old patch?  Is there source somewhere?

Sorry if this info is out there somewhere and I missed it. I searched all my
old emails and JIRA, but didn't find anything.

Thanks!

Dave

RE: [PROPOSAL] JS2-69 - Portal Navigations Component Design

Posted by Shah Amit <am...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Randy,

First of all, thats some excellent documentation ! I have read it once, and
it seems to answer all my questions.

I will still read it a couple of times to get a better vision.

Thanks a lot for all your efforts and everyone else's !!!
Amit

Posted by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net>.
Request for User Community Comment: Portal Navigations Component Design

Design Document: http://people.apache.org/~rwatler/portal-navigations-component.html
JIRA JS2-69 issue: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-69

There has been plenty of traffic on this list concerning the inability to declare and generate static portal menus. Related concerns include problems navigating Folder and Page hierarchies from the layout templates and utilizing the quirky DocumentSet PSML.

The above proposed design is intended to resolve these long standing difficulties with J2. Please feel free to comment on this thread concerning the general approach or details. I will attempt to answer as my personal bandwidth allows.

Thanks for your input in advance,

Randy

Re: [VOTE] JS2-69 - Portal Navigations Component Design

Posted by wa...@wispertel.net.
All,

Please let me know ASAP if you have any feedback on this issue/proposal.
Don't worry about a formal vote if you just have some concerns, we can
start a list discussion there.

I need to start coding it this weekend for our own use, however, I will
start with internals first in an attempt to give all of you a longer
chance to comment on the public interfaces.

So far, I have my own "+1", just no quorum :-),

Randy

Re: Naming Survey: Portal Navigations vs. Portal Site

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Randy Watler wrote:
> Gang,
>
> Looking for a little naming help, (the hardest part of coding IMHO):
>
> "Navigations" seems very close to "NavigationalState" and seems a bit
> restrictive.
>
> "Site" is shorter and seems to be more available and possibly more well
> aligned with this component, ( plus it is even shorter :-) ).
>
> Thoughts?

I like PortalSite

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software

Re: Naming Survey: Portal Navigations vs. Portal Site

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
Randy Watler wrote:
> Gang,
>
> Looking for a little naming help, (the hardest part of coding IMHO):
>
> "Navigations" seems very close to "NavigationalState" and seems a bit
> restrictive.
>
> "Site" is shorter and seems to be more available and possibly more well
> aligned with this component, ( plus it is even shorter :-) ).
>
> Thoughts?
+1 on Site

Re: Naming Survey: Portal Navigations vs. Portal Site

Posted by Santiago Urrizola <ch...@yahoo.com.ar>.

> > Gang,
> >
> > Looking for a little naming help, (the hardest part of coding IMHO):
> Amen!!!  I feel your pain ;)
>

> > "Navigations" seems very close to "NavigationalState" and seems a bit
> > restrictive.
> >
> > "Site" is shorter and seems to be more available and possibly more well
> > aligned with this component, ( plus it is even shorter :-) ).
>
> +1 in using Site.  If I come up with anything better I will let you know
:)

> > Thoughts?
> >
> > Randy

SiteNavigation ??

Navigations and Sites (Sitetrees) should become standardized Re: Naming Survey: Portal Navigations vs. Portal Site

Posted by Marky Goldstein <re...@rosa.com>.
Navigations and Sites (Sitetrees) should become standardized between
portals to make migration easier ;->.

Best regards,
Marky

Posted by Scott T Weaver <sc...@binary-designs.net>.

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
watler@wispertel.net wrote:
> All,
>
> Please let me know ASAP if you have any feedback on this issue/proposal.
> Don't worry about a formal vote if you just have some concerns, we can
> start a list discussion there.
>
> I need to start coding it this weekend for our own use, however, I will
> start with internals first in an attempt to give all of you a longer
> chance to comment on the public interfaces.
>
> So far, I have my own "+1", just no quorum :-),

I'd better respone before he sends out another army of emails! ;-)

+1

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software

Re: [VOTE] JS2-69 - Portal Navigations Component Design

Posted by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net>.
Ate:

> But, I would like an option to review and test the result before you
> commit some or
> all of it.
> As you know, I'd like to do an M3 release very soon (planned next
> weekend), so please
> keep me informed about your progress.

No problem. Will do.

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
Raphaël Luta wrote:
> Ate Douma wrote:
>
>> Raphaël Luta wrote:

>>> Maybe you could create a branch for stabilizing M3 over the next week
>>> so that Randy can commit early his work without breaking the release.
>>>
>>> What do you think ?
>>

>> Good idea.
>> As I expect to provide a few (small) enhancements during the next days
>> though
>> I'd like to delay this M3 branch as long as possible.
>> As soon as Randy is ready to commit, I (or he) can create the new M3
>> branch.
>>

> Huh ? Better to create the branch now while the HEAD is stable and
> contribute your small fixes to the M3 branch if they are low risk and
> can be included in M3 or in HEAD if they should not be included.
>
> The merge process after release should take care of bringing back M3
> patches to HEAD if necessary. Merging can be a little painful if a lot
> of code changes happen between merges but it's still much better than
> trying to stabilize HEAD with a major code work coming in.

Your right of course. I hadn't thought it out enough ;-)
I'll create a M3 branch right away and send a separate notification to the list too.

Thanks, Ate

Re: [VOTE] JS2-69 - Portal Navigations Component Design

Posted by Raphaël Luta <ra...@aptiwan.com>.

Raphaël Luta - raphael.luta@aptiwan.com
Aptiwan, l'intelligence du réseau - http://www.aptiwan.com/

Re: [VOTE] JS2-69 - Portal Navigations Component Design

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
Raphaël Luta wrote:
> Ate Douma wrote:
>
>> But, I would like an option to review and test the result before you
>> commit some or
>> all of it.
>> As you know, I'd like to do an M3 release very soon (planned next
>> weekend), so please
>> keep me informed about your progress.
>>

> Maybe you could create a branch for stabilizing M3 over the next week so
> that Randy can commit early his work without breaking the release.
>
> What do you think ?
Good idea.
As I expect to provide a few (small) enhancements during the next days though
I'd like to delay this M3 branch as long as possible.
As soon as Randy is ready to commit, I (or he) can create the new M3 branch.

Ate

Re: [VOTE] JS2-69 - Portal Navigations Component Design

Posted by Raphaël Luta <ra...@apache.org>.

Raphaël Luta - raphael@apache.org
http://portals.apache.org/

Re: [VOTE] JS2-69 - Portal Navigations Component Design

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
Hi Randy,

I think its a fine design.
As I told you already informally, you have my support on this one, so +1.
As far as I can see, you cover all or most of our earlier discussions and attempts
to come to a generalized and still flexible navigation solution.

So, go ahead and code away...

But, I would like an option to review and test the result before you commit some or
all of it.
As you know, I'd like to do an M3 release very soon (planned next weekend), so please
keep me informed about your progress.

Regards, Ate

Posted by Scott T Weaver <sc...@binary-designs.net>.
+1

Posted by Shinsuke SUGAYA <sh...@yahoo.co.jp>.
Hi Randy,

+1. I think it's the good design document.

Regards,
  shinsuke

Re: WebMail Strikes Back: [VOTE] JS2-69 - Portal Navigations Component Design

Posted by Raphaël Luta <ra...@apache.org>.
Randy Watler wrote:
> Wow! Sorry about that... the web page went into a send loop on me!

We noticed, thanks ;)

More seriously, as far as I could read the proposal, it seems ok to me
at least for the general terms.

If you really have a strong itch to start coding ASAP I guess you should
go ahead. We can always talk about the specifics later and possibly
refactor the code later on :)

Posted by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net>.

RE: What changed in pluto-1.0.1-rc2-PATCHED.jar

Posted by David Pankros <dp...@miragy.com>.
Well, it seems that if I build from the head revision in subversion it has
the missing class and hopefully any other changes. I was under the (possibly
false) impression that the patch was a JS2 specific workaround, but maybe I
was wrong.

If you are aware of any other changes that were put in specifically for
Jetspeed and are NOT in subversion, please let me know.  Thanks.

Dave