Posted to dev@openwhisk.apache.org by Rodric Rabbah <ro...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/12 14:24:58 UTC

archiving our slack history

I created an issue for the task of archiving our slack history to apache -
if you have comments or suggestions please have a look here to comment or

In essence: exporting the history from Slack yields folders for each
channel and files for each day of communication for that channel. At the
very least we can serialize the export and send an email per day per
channel to a specific Apache mailing list.

subject: [channel name] [day]
where the content is:
[timestamp] [user id|name] message

https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk/issues/4272

-r

Re: archiving our slack history

Posted by Rodric Rabbah <ro...@gmail.com>.
I think the 1 (daily) digest per channel is nice in that I missed an
exchange for wskdeploy where I think I had a helpful comment to offer. This
might have been lost on me if the digests for all the channels were
combined. On most days we have just one digest for the general channel
which is where we have most discussions. To reduce the email noise however
and after observing the digest for the past week or so, I made a few
additional tweaks:

1. i'm excluding messages from bots
2. i'm excluding reminder messages (like the slack community call reminder)

I've also included message reactions in the latest digest - I'm on the
fence about this one.

Comments welcomed and appreciated.

-r

Posted by Rodric Rabbah <ro...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the tip and pointer! that's what I needed.

-r

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rodric Rabbah <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.