Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by LuKreme <kr...@kreme.com> on 2007/04/12 00:03:55 UTC

Low Scoring MC/MS scam spam

<http://www.covisp.net/~kreme/spam24.txt> Only scored 2.4 ??

I'm amazed it only hit BAYES_50

my MTA did not add the following headers:

--
You try to shape the world to what you want the world to be. Carving
your name a thousand times won't bring you back to me. Oh no, no I

Re: Low Scoring MC/MS scam spam

Posted by Henrik Krohns <he...@hege.li>.
On Sat, Apr 14, 2007 at 01:04:56AM -0600, LuKreme wrote:
> On 12-Apr-2007, at 02:22, Martin.Hepworth wrote:
> > 1.3 NA_DOLLARS             BODY: Talks about a million North American
> >dollars
>
> Well, that's more than double the default score.
>
> > 0.6 J_CHICKENPOX_48        BODY: {4}Letter - punctuation - {8}Letter
>
> OK, I thought Chickenpox was deprecated ages ago.
>
> > 3.7 PYZOR_CHECK            Listed in Pyzor (http://pyzor.sf.net/)
> > 1.6 RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET RBL: Received via a relay in
> >bl.spamcop.net
>
> well, those are good once the spam has made the rounds.  I was
> obviously in the first round this time.

What are you really expecting? That someone can predict what rules to
create? Unless you want to go the extra mile and tune your setup and
create rules, you are going to receive "new" spam. Period.

Re: Low Scoring MC/MS scam spam

Posted by LuKreme <kr...@kreme.com>.
On 12-Apr-2007, at 02:22, Martin.Hepworth wrote:
>  1.3 NA_DOLLARS             BODY: Talks about a million North American
> dollars

Well, that's more than double the default score.

>  0.6 J_CHICKENPOX_48        BODY: {4}Letter - punctuation - {8}Letter

OK, I thought Chickenpox was deprecated ages ago.

>  3.7 PYZOR_CHECK            Listed in Pyzor (http://pyzor.sf.net/)
>  1.6 RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET RBL: Received via a relay in
> bl.spamcop.net

well, those are good once the spam has made the rounds.  I was
obviously in the first round this time.

>  2.0 FM_LOTTO_MONEY         Talks about lotto and large money!
>  3.7 FM_LOTTO_YOU_WON       Talks about lotto and you won!

And these?

I now get:

pts rule name              description
---- ----------------------
-0.0 SPF_PASS               SPF: sender matches SPF record
-0.0 BOTNET_SERVERWORDS     Hostname contains server-like substrings
0.6 NA_DOLLARS             BODY: Talks about a million North American
dollars
0.5 DNS_FROM_RFC_ABUSE     RBL: Envelope sender in abuse.rfc-
ignorant.org
1.3 RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET RBL: Received via a relay in bl.spamcop.net
                  [Blocked - see <http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?
85.17.45.23>]
1.4 DNS_FROM_RFC_POST      RBL: Envelope sender in
                             postmaster.rfc-ignorant.org
0.5 PLING_PLING            Subject has lots of exclamation marks
0.0 MANY_EXCLAMATIONS      Subject has many exclamations
0.0 ADVANCE_FEE_1          Appears to be advance fee fraud (Nigerian
419)

--
I find Windows of absolutely no technical interest... Mac OS X is a
rock-solid system that's beautifully designed. I much prefer it to

RE: Low Scoring MC/MS scam spam

Posted by "Martin.Hepworth" <ma...@solidstatelogic.com>.
Scores well on my system...

 pts rule name              description
---- ----------------------
-0.0 SPF_PASS               SPF: sender matches SPF record
 1.3 NA_DOLLARS             BODY: Talks about a million North American
dollars
 0.6 J_CHICKENPOX_48        BODY: {4}Letter - punctuation - {8}Letter
 0.0 BAYES_50               BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 40 to 60%
                            [score: 0.5007]
 3.7 PYZOR_CHECK            Listed in Pyzor (http://pyzor.sf.net/)
 1.6 RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET RBL: Received via a relay in bl.spamcop.net
                 [Blocked - see
<http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?85.17.45.23>]
 0.3 PLING_PLING            Subject has lots of exclamation marks
 0.8 MANY_EXCLAMATIONS      Subject has many exclamations
 0.0 ADVANCE_FEE_1          Appears to be advance fee fraud (Nigerian
419)
 2.0 FM_LOTTO_MONEY         Talks about lotto and large money!
 3.7 FM_LOTTO_YOU_WON       Talks about lotto and you won!

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator
Solid State Logic
> my MTA did not add the following headers:

> --
> You try to shape the world to what you want the world to be. Carving
> your name a thousand times won't bring you back to me. Oh no, no I
> might as well go and tell it to the trees. Go and tell it to the
> trees, yeah.

Red Lion 49 Ltd T/A Solid State Logic
(Company No:5362730)
United Kingdom