Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Saeed Shahrivari <sa...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/07 21:24:56 UTC

Benefits of Hadoop Distributed Cache

Would you please tell me why we should use Distributed Cache instead of
HDFS?
Because HDFS seems more stable, easier to use, and less error-prone.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Benefits of Hadoop Distributed Cache

Posted by Michael Segel <mi...@hotmail.com>.
Not sure what you mean...

If you want to put up a small file to be used by each Task in your job (mapper or reducer)... you could put it up on HDFS.

Or if you're launching your job from an edge node, you could read in the small file and put it in to the distributed cache.
It really depends on what you are attempting to do, and the size of the small file.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
This has been discussed before, see
http://search-hadoop.com/m/xI5AHMD0Vm1 for the previous discussion on
this.

--
Harsh J

Re: Benefits of Hadoop Distributed Cache

Posted by Michael Segel <mi...@hotmail.com>.
Not sure what you mean...

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Benefits of Hadoop Distributed Cache

Posted by Michael Segel <mi...@hotmail.com>.
Not sure what you mean...

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Benefits of Hadoop Distributed Cache

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Benefits of Hadoop Distributed Cache

Posted by Michael Segel <mi...@hotmail.com>.
Not sure what you mean...