Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by Ernesto Cullen <ec...@ciudad.com.ar> on 2008/10/21 14:24:57 UTC

is it possible to log to the same file from log4cxx and log4net?

hi all,
    i have to log from two parts of the same application -one writen in
c++, the other in c#. We are using log4cxx in c++ section, and i would
like to add to the same file from c# module so i configured log4net to
use the same file (both using a RollingFile Appender). But i can't get
my .net messages into the file. I don't get any messages, but i have
stopped c++ logging and was able to see the messages from c# so i know
it works.
    I think it is a locking issue. I came into MinimalLock configuration
setting for log4net, but it seems that there is no correlative in log4cxx.

Does anybody knows if this cross-logging could be achieved? and if so,
how? Is there a config parameter or command to control the locking in
log4cxx?

Thanks in advance

Ernesto Cullen