Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Hal Hildebrand <ha...@oracle.com> on 2006/12/14 05:25:15 UTC

Assembly question/bizarreness

I'm trying to get an assembly of all the artifacts built and I'm running
into something odd.  The project is multi-modules with several levels.  All
the artifacts are OSGi bundles generated using the Felix osgi maven plugin.
But some of the artifacts are placed in the assembly using the extension
".osgi-bundle", while most of the others have the correct ".jar" extension.

When do the normal "clean install", the only artifacts I have built have the
expected extensions of ".jar".  However, invoking "clean package
assembly:assembly" at the top level causes these mystery artifacts to come
into existence.  Even stranger, these artifacts actually are jars - i.e. If
I rename them with a ".jar" extension, they are the same artifact I was
expecting...

I can't seem to find anything different about the poms...  They all have the
same <packaging>osgi-bundle</packaging> element.  Yet, in my assembly, I get
some with ".jar" and some with ".osgi-bundle".

Here's my assembly descriptor:

<assembly>
    <id>modules</id>
    <formats>
        <format>jar</format>
    </formats>
    <moduleSets>
        <moduleSet>
            <binaries>
                <outputDirectory>/</outputDirectory>
                <includeDependencies>false</includeDependencies>
                <unpack>false</unpack>
            </binaries>
        </moduleSet>
    </moduleSets>
</assembly>

I¹m sure I have to be doing something wrong, I just can¹t for the life of me
see where it¹s happening...

Re: Assembly question/bizarreness

Posted by Kenney Westerhof <ke...@apache.org>.
Hi Hal,

does 'mvn clean install assembly:assembly' produce the correct results?
(I mean: no .osgi-bundle files).

-- Kenney

Posted by Tom Huybrechts <to...@gmail.com>.
On 12/14/06, Hal Hildebrand <ha...@oracle.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to get an assembly of all the artifacts built and I'm running
> into something odd.  The project is multi-modules with several levels.  All
> the artifacts are OSGi bundles generated using the Felix osgi maven plugin.
> But some of the artifacts are placed in the assembly using the extension
> ".osgi-bundle", while most of the others have the correct ".jar" extension.
>
> When do the normal "clean install", the only artifacts I have built have the
> expected extensions of ".jar".  However, invoking "clean package
> assembly:assembly" at the top level causes these mystery artifacts to come
> into existence.  Even stranger, these artifacts actually are jars - i.e. If
> I rename them with a ".jar" extension, they are the same artifact I was
> expecting...
>

> I can't seem to find anything different about the poms...  They all have the
> same <packaging>osgi-bundle</packaging> element.  Yet, in my assembly, I get
> some with ".jar" and some with ".osgi-bundle".
>
> Here's my assembly descriptor:
>
> <assembly>
>     <id>modules</id>
>     <formats>
>         <format>jar</format>
>     </formats>
>     <moduleSets>
>         <moduleSet>
>             <binaries>
>                 <outputDirectory>/</outputDirectory>
>                 <includeDependencies>false</includeDependencies>
>                 <unpack>false</unpack>
>             </binaries>
>         </moduleSet>
>     </moduleSets>
> </assembly>
>
> I¹m sure I have to be doing something wrong, I just can¹t for the life of me
> see where it¹s happening...

Hi Hal,

don't be too sure it's your fault. I have had trouble like this in
other projects too.
I assume this is while building spring-osgi. Does it happen with the
svn version ?

Tom

RE: Assembly question/bizarreness

Posted by LECAN Damien <Da...@B2i.fr>.