Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org> on 2005/10/21 02:13:29 UTC

Configuring cron in the zone

I would like to reduce the frequency of cocoon-docs building to perhaps
once every three ours. There are known problems in the current build and
getting 24 messages a day is overkill. How do I do it?

I would also like to add an hourly build for the new apache-projects
configuration. How do I do that?

Thanks,
Ross

Re: Configuring cron in the zone

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Ross Gardler wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >Ross Gardler wrote:
> >
> >>I would like to reduce the frequency of cocoon-docs building to perhaps
> >>once every three ours. There are known problems in the current build and
> >>getting 24 messages a day is overkill. How do I do it?
> >
> >At the moment it is all controlled from my crontab.
> >see ~crossley/my-crontab.txt
>
> Thanks
>
> >>I would also like to add an hourly build for the new apache-projects
> >>configuration. How do I do that?
> >

> >Either ask me to add it to my crontab or add
> >an entry to yours. Probably better that we keep
> >it all in mine for now.
>
> OK I'll do it in yours then, I just didn't want to go editing one of
> your files without permission ;-)

You will not be able to edit my crontab.

Test it in yours, and when you have it running
we can add it to mine.

-David

Re: Configuring cron in the zone

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
David Crossley wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>>I would like to reduce the frequency of cocoon-docs building to perhaps
>>once every three ours. There are known problems in the current build and
>>getting 24 messages a day is overkill. How do I do it?
>

> At the moment it is all controlled from my crontab.
> see ~crossley/my-crontab.txt

Thanks

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Ross Gardler wrote:
> I would like to reduce the frequency of cocoon-docs building to perhaps
> once every three ours. There are known problems in the current build and
> getting 24 messages a day is overkill. How do I do it?

At the moment it is all controlled from my crontab.
see ~crossley/my-crontab.txt

I will change the cocoon-docs one immediately.
Last night i almost did exactly as you suggest.

> I would also like to add an hourly build for the new apache-projects
> configuration. How do I do that?

Either ask me to add it to my crontab or add
an entry to yours. Probably better that we keep
it all in mine for now.

Soon we need to manage it better and have the
crontab under svn control. I had already started
to think about how to do that and will reply later.

-David