Posted to users@isis.apache.org by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk> on 2013/10/04 18:32:00 UTC

Dashboard service (ISIS-554)

Folks,
a further new feature... it is now possible to annotate a (single) domain
service with a new @Dashboard annotation [1].

This domain service is then rendered in the same way as a regular domain
object.  Unlike other domain services, the dashboard domain service may
contain properties and collections; these can be to regular entities or to
view models (ISIS-553).

The ToDo app has been enhanced to demonstrate this new feature.    There's
not much to it:

@Dashboard
@Named("Dashboard")
public class ToDoAppDashboard extends AbstractFactoryAndRepository {

    @Render(Type.EAGERLY)
    @Disabled
    public List<ToDoItemsByCategoryViewModel> getAnalysisByCategory() {
        return toDoItemAnalysis.toDoItemsByCategory();
    }

    @Render(Type.EAGERLY)
    @Disabled
    public List<ToDoItemsByDateRangeViewModel> getAnalysisByDateRange() {
        return toDoItemAnalysis.toDoItemsByDateRange();
    }

}

Do give it a go...

Cheers
Dan

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ISIS-554
[2] https://github.com/estatio/estatio

Re: Dashboard service (ISIS-554)

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
On 5 October 2013 04:59, David Tildesley <da...@yahoo.co.nz> wrote:

> Sounds interesting.

Thx.  The other new feature,  view models (ISIS-553), is the really
the significant one, though.

> We've been a bit buried getting a release out but hope to emerge soon and
> move on to next phase which will push the usability and performance
> aspects. Is next release imminent?

Yup, fairly.  I am doing a talk at Oredev at the beginning of Nov, so have
to get a release out this month.  Just a matter of fitting it in myself
alongside my "real" work :-)

Cheers
Dan