Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by parnab kumar <pa...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/25 21:03:26 UTC

group similar items using pairwise similar items

Hi,

I have a set of items and a pairwise similar items. I want to group
together  items that are mutually similar.

For ex : if *A B C D E  F G* are the items
I have the following pairwise similar items

*A B*
*A C*
*B C *
*D E *
*C G*
*E F*

I want the output as

*A B C G*
*D E F*

Can someone suggest how to do the above ??

If the above problem is cast as a graph problem where every item is a
vertex , then a finding connected components  or a breadth first search on
each node should solve the problem.

Can anyone suggest some pointers to those algorithms ..

Thanks,
Parnab ..

Re: group similar items using pairwise similar items