Posted to users@maven.apache.org by matthewadams <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2007/01/08 19:06:47 UTC

Version support for versions that use build numbers as part of version?

Hi all,

NB:  this is mostly a sanity checking message.

I want to create a custom remote Maven repository to host our software that
uses versions in the format

For example, for version 1.2.3 build 456, is the correctly Maven2-formatted
version string "1.2.3-456"?  It appears as though that's the correct syntax
from the wiki
(http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Extending+Maven+2.0+Dependencies and
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Dependency+Mediation+and+Conflict+Resolution),
but I'd like some confirmation if anyone can give it.  :)

Additionally, the build numbers can be different yet the
major/minor/revision can remain the same (1.2.3 build 456 is one release,
and 1.2.3 build 457 is another).

This is supported, right?

Thanks,
Matthew