Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by ucchino <uc...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/17 23:03:20 UTC

Ignite GA support

Hi there...

A quick question on ignite version 2.8.0.

In the documentation I no longer see references to generic algorithms even
if there is still something about javadoc.

Is GE support for the Machine learning sector planned or removed?

Best regards

Paolo

Re: Ignite GA support

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
The algorithms were removed from Ignite 2.8 by Ignite ML due to a lack of
support and no active usage.

Do you use those APIs? We can certainly move them to Ignite extensions or
another repository.

-
Denis

Re: Ignite GA support

Posted by ucchino <uc...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the reply

In the past I had done some tests, I was looking for a platform for the
development of parallel genetic algorithms. Ignite was promising but had
support for GA only and not GP or EA and did not manage GPUs like others.
Needing high performance and low costs, I was evaluating the cloud. And in
this case ignite could have been a resource. If that support to the GA was
moved at least on the extensions it would be optimal I would say. Thank you=