Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Michael Bukachi <mi...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/04 17:32:16 UTC

Fineract Integration Setup

Hello,

As mention here. (https://github.com/apache/fineract/pull/619#issuecomment-513820326) I'm trying to run individual tests using intellij. But I'm unable to due dependency issues. Do I have to setup the project in a particular way?

Re: Fineract Integration Setup

Posted by Michael Vorburger <mi...@vorburger.ch>.
Hello Michael,

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 7:36 PM Michael Bukachi <mi...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> As mention here.
> <https://github.com/apache/fineract/pull/619#issuecomment-513820326> I'm
> trying to run individual tests using intellij. But I'm unable to due
> dependency issues. Do I have to setup the project in a particular way?

most people probably just run the integration tests through Gradle from the
command line.

I guess you would be able to run them from within an IDE - if you have
mySQL running (as you need to when running through Gradle from the CLI)
*AND* if you started Tomcat, through Gradle from the CLI; you've probably
seen that's what
https://github.com/apache/fineract/blob/develop/fineract-provider/build.gradle#L382
does by depending on
https://github.com/apache/fineract/blob/develop/fineract-provider/build.gradle#L331
.

I'm not sure if what you may really be asking for is whether it would be
possible to run individual tests using intellij WITHOUT having to first
start Tomcat outside the IDE? That would be neat, wouldn't it? ;-) That's
what https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FINERACT-764 and the related
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FINERACT-730 is all about - I'd love
your help to get that finished up! Interested? Looking forward to your PRs!
;-)

As for MariaDB4j, that's really a separate story. The value of that would
be that run integration tests wouldn't need mySQL running. It would be
nice, and years ago I worked on that, but I think meanwhile first sorting
out FINERACT-764 adds much more value.

Best,
M.
Michael Vorburger