Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Pedro Viegas <pv...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/16 22:23:19 UTC

How to setup 4.1 MAVEN2 snapshot

Hi there,

Been hearing a lot about using MAVEN2 to get the 4.1-SNAPSHOT of tapestry
for the alpha test phase.
Can anybody help me to get this working?
Never used MAVEN before. Just ANT with CVS repositories.
I installed the MAVEN and Subversion Eclipse plugin and and going to try and
make sense of it all. A jump start or detailed instructions would be very
much appreciated!

Pedro Viegas

Re: How to setup 4.1 MAVEN2 snapshot

Posted by Konstantin Ignatyev <kg...@yahoo.com>.
http://docs.codehaus.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=25888

Example: aaa-1.0.jar specifies dependency like on zzz
as [1.0,2.0) that makes build unstable  and
nonrepeatable because it now depends on content of a
repository.

--- Mark Reynolds <ma...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Can you give explain what you mean by "there are
> ranges in the version
> specifications" and perhaps give an example?
>
> On 8/16/06, Konstantin Ignatyev wrote:
> > Rant:
> >
> > Unfortunately Maven archichitecture and practices
> are
> > not allow repeatable builds because there are
> ranges
> > in the version specifications. And that makes
> build to
> > depend on current repository content and makes it
> > unrepeatable.
> >
> > IMO it would be much nicer if Ant + Ivy was used
> as
> > build system.
> >
> > --- Pedro Viegas wrote:
> >
> > > Can anybody give the proper steps to get this
> > > running?
> > >
> > > Thanks,

> > > There's a bunch of plugins

> pom
> > > I find here right.
> > > > >

> tapestry-project-4.1.1-20060815.022306-17.pom

> > > requires a project with an
> > > one.

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException:
> > > Cannot execute
> an
> > > existing pom.xml, but the

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute
> > > (

org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java

org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:115)
> org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main
> > > (MavenCli.java:256)
> > >
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
> > > Method)
> > > sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(
> > > sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
> (
> > > java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
> > >
> org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced(
> > > org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launch
> > > (Launcher.java:255)
> > >
> org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(

org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:375)
> > > org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException :
> > > Cannot
> project
> > > with an existing pom.xml,

org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(

> 2006

=== message truncated ===

Konstantin Ignatyev

PS: If this is a typical day on planet earth, humans will add fifteen million tons of carbon to the atmosphere, destroy 115 square miles of tropical rainforest, create seventy-two miles of desert, eliminate between forty to one hundred species, erode seventy-one million tons of topsoil, add 2,700 tons of CFCs to the stratosphere, and increase their population by 263,000

Bowers, C.A.  The Culture of Denial:  Why the Environmental Movement Needs a Strategy for Reforming Universities and Public Schools.  New York:  State University of New York Press, 1997: (4) (5) (p.206)

Re: How to setup 4.1 MAVEN2 snapshot

Posted by Mark Reynolds <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Stang <ms...@pingidentity.com>.
There is a free maven book.  It start you out with installing maven and then building a simple app.

Better Builds with Maven. It is available as a free download (.pdf).

However, is he trying to build tapestry with maven or his own app?

Which problem are we trying to solve :-)?

regards,

Mark

Posted by Josh Long <st...@gmail.com>.
Try setting  focus="ognl:false" on the containing @Form  element. If
the issue is the tapestry javascript for focus, than that'll remove
it.

Best of luck,

Josh

RE: Tapestry 4.0.2 and Tapernate problem

Posted by Xiaoshu Wang <wa...@musc.edu>.
Does anyone has a clue about this?  It seems that once the server idles for
a while, it will bump into this problem and kills the application.  From
what I can understand, my guess is that this is probably a spring bugs.  (I
have upgrade spring to 1.2.8 but with no success).   But, tapernate uses
spring and if this problem cannot be solved, it will hurt the tapernate's
usefulness as well.

Xiaoshu

Posted by Xiaoshu Wang <wa...@musc.edu>.
Hi,

[...]

org.apache.hivemind.ApplicationRuntimeException: Could not commit Hibernate
[...]

org.springframework.transaction.TransactionSystemException: Could not commit
Hibernate transaction; nested exception is
org.hibernate.TransactionException: JDBC commit failed

org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTransactionManager.doCommit(Hibe
rnateTransactionManager.java:588)

org.springframework.transaction.support.AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.p
rocessCommit(AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.java:496)

org.springframework.transaction.support.AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.c

Posted by Pedro Viegas <pv...@gmail.com>.
Robert... Thanks!
Just downloaded the eBook. Very good stuff! A must have for a newbie like
you said!

Regards,

Posted by ro...@scazdl.org.

Posted by Pedro Viegas <pv...@gmail.com>.
Hi there guys,

Re: How to setup 4.1 MAVEN2 snapshot (sources)

Posted by Patrick Moore <pm...@yahoo.com>.
does anyone know the magical maven'ism to get the sources?

I do know how to get the jars but I can't seem to find the mechanism to get the
nightly sources as well...

-Pat

Re: How to setup 4.1 MAVEN2 snapshot

Posted by andyhot <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
Latest jars can be found in

Posted by Pedro Viegas <pv...@gmail.com>.
So am I! :-(

Posted by Rowland Smith <ro...@cashi.us>.
On Aug 25, 2006, at 4:07 PM, Jesse Kuhnert wrote:

> Just like Norbert told you. Look at one of the examples, or look at
> the
> website
> http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4.1/tapestry-framework/
> dependencies.html.

Yep - got that.

> Or look at the download page,
> http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4.1/download.html.
> You can go to ibiblio.org/maven2 to download all of the jars that
> tapestry
> depends on if you don't want to do it the easy way by including
> tapestry in
> a maven pom.xml file.

Only good if I want to use maven for my own project - I currently don't.

thanks,
-rowland

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rowland Smith <ro...@cashi.us>.

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rowland Smith <ro...@cashi.us>.
It would really be sweet if you could just do something like :

$ mvn install-jars <some-directory> and get all of the tapestry- jars
and all of the dependency jars.

-rowland

Posted by Rowland Smith <ro...@cashi.us>.
Thanks a million Norbert!

Posted by Norbert Sándor <de...@erinors.com>.

Posted by andyhot <an...@di.uoa.gr>.

Posted by Pedro Viegas <pv...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Andy for your response.
But unfortunatly I still get the same error of this MOJO dependency! :-(

+ Error stacktraces are turned on.
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
[INFO] Building Maven Default Project
[INFO]    task-segment: [compile]
[INFO]
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Cannot execute mojo: resources. It requires a project with an
existing pom.xml, but the build is not using one.
[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Cannot execute mojo:

Posted by Konstantin Ignatyev <kg...@yahoo.com>.
Rant:

------------------------------------------------------------------------"

> > > mojo:resources? A Missing lib?

> certainly don't need to

http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/tapestry/

> Maven installed and
> saw how to start creating
> enable my project just to get
> most recent JAR files?

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tapestry/tapestry4/trunk/
> "
> repository to search

http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4.1/download.htmlit's

http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/",
> and
> this? Sorry if i'm just
> questions! :-S

> a jumpstart in this it

> jkuhnert@gmail.com> wrote:

=== message truncated ===

Re: How to setup 4.1 MAVEN2 snapshot

Posted by Pedro Viegas <pv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pedro Viegas <pv...@gmail.com>.
http://mojo.codehaus.org/

Posted by Pedro Viegas <pv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

RE: listener desired on "For" component

Posted by Patrick Moore <pm...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks ... I didn't think to look for another component. It doeslook like
InvokeListener is the correct thing to use.

-Pat

Posted by Steve Shucker <ss...@vmsinfo.com>.

Posted by Pedro Viegas <pv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.