Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Afkham Azeez <af...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/16 08:46:44 UTC

Axis2 descriptor XML tagnames

I've noticed that the XML tagnames in the Axis2 descriptors are
inconsistent. Some tags start with a simple letter (e.g. parameter), some
tags start with a capital letter (e.g. Description). Some tags are written
in camel case starting with a simple letter (e.g.  phaseOrder), some start
with capital letters (e.g. InFlow). Some tags are written in all simples (
e.g. axisconfig). This is very difficult for a WS developer to remember.

There are two major styles adopted by some of the popular application
servers for their descriptor files;

1. Camel case starting with a capital letter e.g. RepositoryLocation
2. All simples, separated with hyphens, e.g. repository-location

I strongly feel that we need to adopt a consistent style. On the other hand,
this change may break backward compatibility.

--
Thanks
Afkham Azeez

http://www.wso2.org

Re: Axis2 descriptor XML tagnames

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
+1 from me to make this change. We may need to keep the old names for
backwards compat for a while but let's make it consistent.

I'm +1 for (1).

Sanjiva.

--
Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.