Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Luc Maisonobe <lu...@apache.org> on 2007/08/22 20:25:55 UTC

[MATH] Re: Apache commons Math package

Hi Matteo,

There's no problem contacting me directly.  The prefered way is however
to use the Apache mailing lists. Math belongs to the "commons" family of
packages and shares some lists with other packages as well. User related
requests should be adressed to user@commons.apache.org (I CC'ed this
message there) and development related requests should be adressed to
dev@commons.apache.org. You should prefix the subject using [MATH] to
help people filtering the high volume of these lists.

The complete geometry package has been included in commons-math fairly
recently. It was extracted from my own mantissa library. We are
currently in the process of releasing a new version of commons-math with
this package and many other unrelated changes but still have work to
finalize. In the meantime, you should get the source from the subversion
tree and compile it by yourself. I cannot tell yet when commons-math 1.2
will be released.

Do not be afraid by the fact geometry is a recent addition to
commons-math, it is validated code that has been in production use for
several years in mantissa, and is even in use in a real life european
space project.

Luc