Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/01 20:36:21 UTC

Re: Getting the ear plugin to recognise har files

Hi,

On 7/7/06, Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have managed to get a combination of the antrun plugin and the
> build-helper-maven-plugin to build and deploy a JBoss har file into my
> repository.
>
> The ear plugin however bombs out like so:
>
> [INFO] [ear:generate-application-xml]
> [INFO]
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Failed to initialize ear modules
>
> Embedded error: Unknown artifact type[har]
>
> Looking in the docs, the configuration option "artifactTypeMappings" seems
> to offer a clue, but apart from the text "PlexusConfiguration", there is
> no indication what needs to be done to get this to work, or whether this
> option does I what I think it might do.

Well, it does [1].

       <configuration>
          <artifactTypeMappings>
            <artifactTypeMapping type="har" mapping="jar"/>
          </artifactTypeMappings>
        </configuration>

> Are there any examples out there of the artifactTypeMappings setting being
> used?

See above. However, since this one is often used I will add by
default, MEAR-34 is opened for this.

Cheers,
Stéphane

[1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-ear-plugin/introduction.html

> Regards,
> Graham

.::You're welcome ::.

Re: Getting the ear plugin to recognise har files

Posted by neeraj daffodil <ne...@gmail.com>.
hi
    can any one tell me from where i have got the tutorial in which i can
find how to deploy the war file in jboss server ,i already downloaded the
jboss plugin but i am unable to set the properties like jmx  and other
  same happen with tomcate i was able to deploy the war file in local srver
but unable to remote server using url
so if any one have link or eg.regarding how to deploy in remote server plz
mail to user list
  thanks in advance

Regards
Neeraj Singh Bisht

Posted by Doug Douglass <do...@gmail.com>.
Graham,

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 8/3/06, Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm> wrote:
> On Thu, August 3, 2006 9:55 am, Stephane Nicoll wrote:
>
> >> This option won't work for us, as the project that creates the har file,
> >> already creates an ejb mapped to a jar file, which creates a filename
> >> clash.
> >
> > ? The mapping is for the type, not the extension. You .har file will
> > still be packaged as an .har file! Have you tried it in a first place?
>
> Have I tried creating a har artifact called alchemy-trader-1.1.0.jar, and
> then deploying it to a repository already containing an ejb artifact
> called alchemy-trader-1.1.0.jar? No, I haven't tried that.

Well. No of course. Try creating an har artifact called
alchemy-trader-1.1.0.har. With the mapping I gave you above, the EAR
plugin will handle your 'har' dependency the same way a classical
'jar' dependency (dependency TYPE not extension).

s/

> > Anyway, it's handled now and I am busy working on jboss-app.xml
> > auto-generation.
>
> Will try this out once you're done with this, and let you know if it works.
>
> Regards,
> Graham

.::You're welcome ::.

Re: Getting the ear plugin to recognise har files

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
No. There's one issue remaining,  I'll cast a vote once it's fixed.

s/

On 8/17/06, Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm> wrote:
> On Thu, August 3, 2006 9:55 am, Stephane Nicoll wrote:
>
> > Anyway, it's handled now and I am busy working on jboss-app.xml
> > auto-generation.
>
> Is this available in a released form anywhere where I can give it a test run?
>
> Regards,
> Graham

.::You're welcome ::.

Re: Getting the ear plugin to recognise har files

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
On 8/1/06, Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm> wrote:
> Stephane Nicoll wrote:
>
> >> Embedded error: Unknown artifact type[har]
> >>
> >> Looking in the docs, the configuration option "artifactTypeMappings"
> >> seems
> >> to offer a clue, but apart from the text "PlexusConfiguration", there is
> >> no indication what needs to be done to get this to work, or whether this
> >> option does I what I think it might do.
> >
> > Well, it does [1].
> >
> >       <configuration>
> >          <artifactTypeMappings>
> >            <artifactTypeMapping type="har" mapping="jar"/>
> >          </artifactTypeMappings>
> >        </configuration>
>
> This option won't work for us, as the project that creates the har file,
> already creates an ejb mapped to a jar file, which creates a filename clash.

? The mapping is for the type, not the extension. You .har file will
still be packaged as an .har file! Have you tried it in a first place?

Anyway, it's handled now and I am busy working on jboss-app.xml auto-generation.

Stéphane

> Ideally the ear plugin shouldn't try to know about every single file
> extension ever made, because invariably someone (in this case JBoss)
> invents a new one, and the ear plugin stops working.
>
> A sane default would be to assume the suffix maps to the type for files
> that are not recognised.
>
> Regards,
> Graham

.::You're welcome ::.

Re: Getting the ear plugin to recognise har files

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.