Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Andreas Beresko <An...@t-online.de> on 2004/08/04 02:42:16 UTC

Listeners for Transcoder Interface

Hi,

is there anyone who ever has uses a listener with the Transcoder
Interface?

I'm loading a SVG into a BuffererdImage and I want to inform the user
about the loading

process cause some svg graphics take a long time.

best regards Andreas

Re: Listeners for Transcoder Interface

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.
Andreas Beresko wrote:

> is there anyone who ever has uses a listener with the Transcoder Interface?
>
> I’m loading a SVG into a BuffererdImage and I want to inform the user
> about the loading
>
> process cause some svg graphics take a long time…

    Well, you can do some feedback by reading the SVG yourself and
then passing the DOM to the Transcoder.  You could also subclass the
Transcoder and insert callbacks at appropriate times.

    Of course the best thing would be to define a true progress
listener which currently doesn't exist.  I would look at adding it
to the SVGAbstractTranscoder class.

    Even the above would only give you 'gross' feedback, essentially
three steps (parse, build rendering tree, render).  In theory it
would be possible to provide finer grained feedback than this but it
would involve significant rework of the existing infrastructure.