Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Trevor Jenkins <tr...@suneidesis.com> on 2002/03/29 12:24:33 UTC

Re: [FOP-USER] revision bars

On Fri, 29 Mar 2002, Rodolphe VAGNER <ro...@eurodoc-sofilog.com>...:

> I have to display revision bars on a document.

I have a similar requirement. Was going to post this self-same question
today!

> I can't change the DTD ( SGML one, I transform sgml instances in xml
> before my fop treatment )

Exactly my situation. If XML had retained marked sections then I could do
away with the SGML master copy altogether. (I always said that the
non-inclusion of marked sections in the XML spec was stupid. But I also
said that the original goal of XML being implemented in 2 weeks by a
computing science student was impossible.)

> ... that specifies that the revisions bars
> must appear in front of the text which is between the tags
> <startOfRevision/> and <endOfRevision/> ; note that these tags
> are empty, and are included elements, in SGML sense !

I'm using the DocBook DTD and am contractualy limited to what additions I
can make to the DTD itself. Adding general entities is about the limit.

> Do you think I can display those bars
>
> - with XSL  (if possible, and I think it's not )
> - by inserting invisible marks in the PDF and have a post treatment on the PDK
> with the Adobe SDK. So, what kind of mark can I use ??

I don't have the option of using Adobe products. So I'm after a pure
SGML/DSSSL/XML/XSL solution.

Regards, Trevor

British Sign Language is not inarticulate handwaving; it's a living language.
Support the campaign for formal recognition by the British government now!
Details at http://www.fdp.org.uk/ or http://www.bsl-march.co.uk/

--

<>< Re: deemed!