Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Thomas Sundberg <th...@agical.com> on 2009/12/09 18:25:20 UTC

Plugin to start a jar?

Hi!

I want to start a jar during the 'pre-integration-test' pretty much as
starting a Tomcat with Cargo or similar. But this is a standalone jar
that contains a server that i want to have available for
integrationstests that I want to run later.

I want the server jar to be shut down in the 'post-integration-test' phase
I could live with it beeing shut down when Maven terminates so the
post-integration-test phase isn't the most important part.

Any tips on plugins I could use?

/Thomas

--
Thomas Sundberg
M. Sc. in Computer Science

Agical AB
VÀsterlÄnggatan 79, 2 tr
111 29 Stockholm, SWEDEN

Mobile: +46 70 767 33 15
E-mail: thomas.sundberg@agical.com
Blog: http://thomassundberg.wordpress.com/
http://www.agical.com

Re: Plugin to start a jar?

Posted by Gajo Csaba <cs...@cosylab.com>.
The exec plugin?

Re: Plugin to start a jar?

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2009/12/10 Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>:
> 2009/12/9 Thomas Sundberg <th...@agical.com>:
>> I want to start a jar during the 'pre-integration-test' pretty much as
>> starting a Tomcat with Cargo or similar.
>
> Take a look at the SHITTY maven plugin:
> http://mojo.codehaus.org/shitty-maven-plugin/

Or the failsafe plugin:
http://mojo.codehaus.org/failsafe-maven-plugin/

Antonio

Re: Plugin to start a jar?

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2009/12/9 Thomas Sundberg <th...@agical.com>:
> I want to start a jar during the 'pre-integration-test' pretty much as
> starting a Tomcat with Cargo or similar.

Take a look at the SHITTY maven plugin:
http://mojo.codehaus.org/shitty-maven-plugin/

HTH
Antonio