Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Laurent Trillaud <lt...@jouve.fr> on 2004/03/04 08:24:27 UTC

RE: [portal] hidding coplet ( was Minimizing coplets events)

Alex
It appears to me difficult. The portal generater have 2 stages:
1. it resolve all events, and set coplets data / attributes
2. render thee coplet based on its datas
Later in the pipeline you have the cinclude to fill coplets.
Here, is too late to change the aspect of a coplet.
The best way is to now before if a coplet will have data or not, may be
based on parameters, and set the visibility aspect with a cl:link.
Laurent

Posted by Alex Romayev <ro...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Laurent,

Yes, it does make sense, however if I make it a bit
more complex, it's becoming difficult to manage.

Let's say my "News Story" page has the following
coplets:

- News Story
- Related News Stories (if any)
- Related Photos (if any)
- List of other sites talking about the topic (if any)
- Auctions on eBay selling items related to this story
;-)...

I think you know what I'm getting at :)

Technically each portlet is capable of rendering
itself give the story-id.  The only thing out of its
contol is the window.

Posted by Laurent Trillaud <lt...@jouve.fr>.
Alex

Posted by Alex Romayev <ro...@yahoo.com>.