Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Fer-Bj <fe...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/09 09:27:28 UTC

SOLR 1.4: how to configure the improved chinese analyzer?

Hello,

 is there any existing FAQ or HowTo on how to setup the improved (and new?)
chinese analyzer on Solr 1.4?

I'd appreciate any help you may provide on this.

Re: SOLR 1.4: how to configure the improved chinese analyzer?

Posted by Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com>.
hello,

in order to use smart chinese analyzer with Solr 1.4 (it is not yet
included), you need to go get the lucene-smartcn.jar file from
lucene-2.9.1.zip and put this jar file in your solr lib directory

then you can define a field type similar to the the greek example in
schema.xml:
    <!-- One can also specify an existing Analyzer class that has a
         default constructor via the class attribute on the analyzer element
    <fieldType name="text_greek" class="solr.TextField">
      <analyzer class="org.apache.lucene.analysis.el.GreekAnalyzer"/>
    </fieldType>
    -->

except you need to use
org.apache.lucene.analysis.cn.smart.SmartChineseAnalyzer

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 3:27 AM, Fer-Bj <fe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>  is there any existing FAQ or HowTo on how to setup the improved (and new?)
> chinese analyzer on Solr 1.4?
>
> I'd appreciate any help you may provide on this.

Robert Muir
rcmuir@gmail.com