Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by sushma <su...@eis.iisc.ernet.in> on 2007/08/17 21:11:11 UTC

Query REg blacklist

Dear ALL,

 	Iam running mailscanner with spamasssin. I want to blacklist based
on from id i.e mail from other than xyz domain i want to treat as spam
even through it may be relayed local network. Can it possilble. please
suggest me.

Re: Query REg blacklist

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.
sushma wrote:

> Dear ALL,
>
>     Iam running mailscanner with spamasssin. I want to blacklist based
> on from id i.e mail from other than xyz domain i want to treat as spam
> even through it may be relayed local network. Can it possilble. please
> suggest me.

AFAIK, this should do it:

blacklist_from *
unblacklist_from  *@xyz.com
unblacklist_from  *@*.xyz.com

Of course, as someone else suggested, that's a bit like hitting an ant
with a sledgehammer.

You'd be a lot better off rejecting this stuff in your MTA if that's
practical.. it is much faster and lower resource usage than accepting
the whole message queueing it, and having MailScanner feed it to SA.

Re: Query REg blacklist

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
On 18.08.07 00:41, sushma wrote:
> 	Iam running mailscanner with spamasssin. I want to blacklist based
> on from id i.e mail from other than xyz domain i want to treat as spam
> even through it may be relayed local network. Can it possilble. please
> suggest me.

You can blacklist the domain. However SA is very sofisticated and I
wouldn't go this way when configuring it.