Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Haibo Zhao <zh...@cs.uga.edu> on 2008/05/27 06:33:59 UTC

[GSoC] 2nd weekly progress report

Hi Luciano,

    Please check the project blog for the 2nd weekly progress report:

    Link:    http://gdatabindingtuscany.blogspot.com

    I updated the wiki page of the project:

    Link:   http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANYWIKI/Integrate+Google+services+in+SCA+compositions%28Apache+Tuscany%29

    I am having a few questions:

    (1) I am currently working on the latest release version 1.2 (SCA
Java 1.2-incubating). I am wondering if I should check out the latest
source code from the SVN repository. I had some problems to check out
the latest source code from the SVN repository, already posted in the
Tuscany Dev Mailing list, hopefully will get some clue.

    Error message:

[haibo@denali haibo]$ svn checkout
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/java/sca

svn: Unrecognized URL scheme for
'http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/java/sca'

    (2) I looked at the existing binding implementations in the source
code(Atom, WS-Axis2, WS-XML, Http), they are quite different and some
of them are really following the paradigm specified in
http://incubator.apache.org/tuscany/sca-java-extension-development-guide.data/ExtendingTuscany-V01.pdf
. I am wondering why the code for Atom binding only has four simple
classes, or maybe I am looking at the wrong
place(https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/java/sca/modules/binding-atom/src/)

    Thanks a lot,
    Haibo

Re: [GSoC] 2nd weekly progress report

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 9:33 PM, Haibo Zhao <zh...@cs.uga.edu> wrote:
> Hi Luciano,
>
>    Please check the project blog for the 2nd weekly progress report:
>
>    Link:    http://gdatabindingtuscany.blogspot.com

Great, one thing I noticed on your blog is about setting up a SVN
server. I'd recommend providing patches frequently, and I'd do my best
to committ them on the same day, so you could use the Tuscany SVN
repository.

>    I updated the wiki page of the project:
>
>    Link:   http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANYWIKI/Integrate+Google+services+in+SCA+compositions%28Apache+Tuscany%29

Thanks.

>    I am having a few questions:
>
>    (1) I am currently working on the latest release version 1.2 (SCA
> Java 1.2-incubating). I am wondering if I should check out the latest
> source code from the SVN repository. I had some problems to check out
> the latest source code from the SVN repository, already posted in the
> Tuscany Dev Mailing list, hopefully will get some clue.
>
>    Error message:
>
> [haibo@denali haibo]$ svn checkout
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/java/sca
>
> svn: Unrecognized URL scheme for
> 'http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/java/sca'

I have responded to your other e-mail, this might be an issue with
http versus https behind firewalls.

>    (2) I looked at the existing binding implementations in the source
> code(Atom, WS-Axis2, WS-XML, Http), they are quite different and some
> of them are really following the paradigm specified in
> http://incubator.apache.org/tuscany/sca-java-extension-development-guide.data/ExtendingTuscany-V01.pdf
> . I am wondering why the code for Atom binding only has four simple
> classes, or maybe I am looking at the wrong
> place(https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/java/sca/modules/binding-atom/src/)

binding-atom has only the model classes for this binding, please also
look at binding-atom-abdera. In general, they should look alike
regarding the extension side, but should differ on the implementation,
as different technologies might require different solutions.

If you have specific questions, about differences, please let me know.

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer