Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Sai Arunachalam <sa...@gmail.com> on 2004/08/17 15:44:32 UTC

Geronimo build failing: jmx problem

Hi,

I checked out the latest nightly build and ran maven and fhe following
test failed.

[junit] Tests run: 6, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.412 sec
    [junit] [ERROR] TEST javax.jms.QueueRequestorTest FAILED

So I skipped the tests and ran maven again and got the following error.

Unable to obtain goal [default] --
/home/TU1/geronimo/incubator-geronimo/modules/assembly/maven.xml:159:15:
<bootstrap:bootstrap> com/sun/jmx/mbeanserver/GetPropertyAction

Can anybody help me please...

I don't know if the following thing is related to the above problem,
but just in case:
My tomcat was working all the while, but suddenly after the above
problem, even though it starts up, I get the following error trying to
load the default page:

An error occured while loading http://localhost:8080/

(Note: I do shutdown tomcat when I try to start geronimo and vice versa.)

Thanks in advance,
Sai

Re: Geronimo build failing: jmx problem

Posted by Sai Arunachalam <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dain,
    Thanks a lot. You were right. I was using the latest version of
Java 5. I reverted back to an older version and geronimo has started
working.

By the way, the error was being shown in the browser.
"An error occured while loading http://localhost:8080/"

Now that's gone too and Tomcat is working fine as well.
Thanks,

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@coredevelopers.net>.
On Aug 17, 2004, at 6:44 AM, Sai Arunachalam wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I checked out the latest nightly build and ran maven and fhe following
> test failed.
>
> [junit] Tests run: 6, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.412 sec
>     [junit] [ERROR] TEST javax.jms.QueueRequestorTest FAILED
>
> So I skipped the tests and ran maven again and got the following error.
>
> Unable to obtain goal [default] --
> /home/TU1/geronimo/incubator-geronimo/modules/assembly/maven.xml:159:
> 15:
> <bootstrap:bootstrap> com/sun/jmx/mbeanserver/GetPropertyAction

Are you using Java 5?  I believe that com.sun.jmx is only available in
Java 5, but I could be wrong.  If you are, are you using the latest
release of Java 5.

> Can anybody help me please...
>
> I don't know if the following thing is related to the above problem,
> but just in case:
> My tomcat was working all the while, but suddenly after the above
> problem, even though it starts up, I get the following error trying to
> load the default page:
>
> An error occured while loading http://localhost:8080/

I'm sorry but you lost me?  Are you getting this error from Geronimo?
Is this error message printed to the console or the browser?

-dain